There is little more frustrating than trying to wash dishes, shower, or fill a baThe earth’s surface is around 70% water, but almost 97% of our water lives in the oceans. That leaves around 3% for us. As one of our most valuable resources, everyone should take steps to save water where they can. Right now, you turn your tap and have immediate access to water, but that isn’t the case for many people all over the world. Australia, despite being the driest populated continent, uses more water per person than almost anywhere else in the world. Let’s change that together.

Reasons Your Toilet Water Rises When You Flush - Local Plumber

5 Ways You Can Save Water At Home With The Help Of A Plumber

1.     Plumbing Audit

Find affordable plumbing in Sydney and call for an audit. A Manly plumbing service can visit your home and carry out an audit to determine where you’re losing water. You may have hidden drips and leaks wasting water. A plumber in Cronulla can also use a special device to find cold spots in your walls that signal slow leaks. Additionally, the plumber can make suggestions for more efficient appliances where necessary.

2.     Low-Flow Solutions

One of the most efficient ways to reduce your water usage is to install low-flow aerators and shower-heads. Perhaps the greatest benefit of these is they are inexpensive solutions.

If you can afford to upgrade to low-flow appliances and fixtures, then a low-flow toilet installed in a home with a family of four can save almost 70,000 litres of water annually. Your toilet is the largest use of water in your home so, replacing it with a low-flow option is an excellent place to start. Low-flow appliances can be pricey, but it’s simple and affordable to switch your shower head. In doing so, you can easily save around 70 litres of water per shower.

3.     Drips & Leaks

You should always be on the lookout for drips, leaks, and potential plumbing problems. Not only are these issues potentially catastrophic for your home, but they cost a lot of money too. So, regularly check around taps, appliances, and toilets. You can easily lose up to 15 litres of water daily with a single dripping tap. If you suspect a leak, immediately get in touch with an emergency plumber in Sydney Eastern Suburbs.

You should also turn the tap off while you soap your hands, brush your teeth or wash the dishes.

4.     Install A Water-Saving Device

A cistern displacement device can save up to three litres of water with every flush. Think about how quickly that adds up with how often you flush your toilet. Get in touch with your local plumber Sutherland Shire, they will be happy to provide you with what you need and install it for you as well.

5.     Embrace Gadgets

Ultimately, there are loads of water-saving gadgets on the market today. It can be a bit of a challenge to figure out which ones work properly, though. Luckily, the right plumbing services in the Eastern Suburbs will send a qualified plumber who is happy to recommend aerators, leak detectors, and water-saving gels for your plants. If you buy the right ones and use them properly, then you will save water and save money too. 

Alternatively, you can speak to your local water board about having a water metre fitted. Not only will it show you your water usage, but it will also highlight how much you are paying for water which is a great incentive to cut back. Another excellent option to speak to your plumber in Sydney’s Inner West about is a rainwater tank. Installation requires a licensed plumber and is a great tool. You can’t use it as drinking water, but it has many other uses around the house. 

How Service Fox Can Help You Save Water At Home 

Using less water isn’t just great for the environment, it will save you money on your monthly bill as well. There are all sorts of hints and tips your inner-city plumbing professional can offer you. If you want to take steps to save water in your home, then call in the professionals at Service Fox. We serve large areas of Sydney, as well as part of the Central Coast. A member of our team will be happy to offer you advice on which upgrades you can make to save water and reduce your costs. In the meantime, if you have blocked drains in Cronulla or you need an emergency plumber in the Eastern Suburbs, reach out for our services.